Things to do before you go:
- You need to read about the curriculum.
- Check the Exhibitors List.
My favorite vendor collects a line quickly. I always go there first for the items I know I want.
- Research the guest speakers.
- Prepare for the load.
- Set a budget.
- Know the Lingo
Bible-based (apologetic, creationist, etc.)
Once you are there:
- If you haven't settled on a learning style, take the first day to gather information and the second day to buy. Things look differently when you have a chance to step away from a vendor and spread out on the living room floor.
- Wear comfortable shoes and if possible leave the kids at home. I am often tempted to take my oldest child, but I know in the end that I'll buy things I didn't intend to buy and she'll wear out way before I do.
- Plan to make a day of it. I take a large comfortable bag with water, a snack, cash, and pens and paper. I like to have my notebook handy for price comparison and other notes.